People of the Land and Sea
16th UN Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
International Indigenous HIV and AIDS Community
Room: Conference Room 9 (CR9)
Date: Monday, April 24, 2017
Time: 13:15 – 14:30
Duration: 75 minutes
Hosts: International Indigenous HIV and AIDS Community (IIHAC),
Canadian Aboriginal AIDS Network (CAAN), INA (Maori, Indigenous & South Pacific) HIV/AIDS Foundation
Speakers: Marama Pala – Chairperson, IIHAC, Trevor Stratton, UNAIDS Programme Coordinating Board, NGO Delegation
- IIHAC will launch a powerful new 10-Point Statement
- IIHAC has been working toward the development of the next International
- IIHAC will host a public discussion about the 10-Point Statement
Indigenous Strategic Plan on HIV and AIDS for Indigenous Peoples and
Communities to be launched on World AIDS Day, December 1st, 2017.
- Opening Prayer
- History and Background: Why do we need an international HIV organization?
- Who is the International Indigenous HIV & AIDS Community?
- What is the International Indigenous Strategic Plan on HIV and AIDS for
Indigenous Peoples and Communities?
- 10-Point Statement: Community consultation
- Closing Prayer
Note: Light refreshments will be served.
> Flyer 16th UNPFII IIHAC side event – People of the Land and HIV FINAL PDF
> Folleto en español PDF